Thursday, December 22, 2005

toothpaste

Dan and I went to buy more toothpaste from a large, international chain supermarket. Dan's favorite toothpaste is Colgate total, so we bought two boxes with tubes of the toothpaste. That evening, we opened up one of the boxes and pulled out a tube of toothpaste, not colgate, but Crest. And not only was it Crest toothpaste in a Colgate box, but it was a mossy greenish color. I looked at the tube and in Chinese, it said it was what I think is "herb flavor" tooth paste. It has a sweet and grassy flavor, which isn't necessarily unpleasant, but I think I would prefer a more minty flavor. To double check, we opened up the second box, and it did indeed contain Colgate total toothpaste. I wonder. Does this prove that all toothpaste is secretly made in the same place owned by some shadowy international toothpaste conglomorate? Now I'm guessing that just might be the case.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so relieved to hear that the toothpaste was herb flavored instead of moldy!!! Sounds delicious!! Perhaps this would be a gift idea for Krista (or Bob).

7:38 AM, December 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I checked it out. Crest does sell herbal mint toothpaste, it has green stripes!!!

10:30 PM, December 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home